Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fruit Pizza

I thought I had blogged this recipe a while back...apparently not..I haven't made this in forever, but wanted something light and fresh to bring to a friends place for dessert. I rummaged through my recipe book, and found the magical worn out paper!

Although this dessert looks tedious and time consuming, it actually isn't, but let your guests think what they like ;-)



FRUIT PIZZA

Crust

1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 cup flour

Combine these ingredients, I use my hands, makes a better dough. Press into a round pizza pan (this takes some patience), bake at 350 for 8-10 mins. Set aside to cool.

Cream Cheese Topping

1 8oz block of cream cheese
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream together, spread on the cooled crust.

The fruit I use are strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, sometimes banana, and canned pineapple tidbits because you need the juice for the pineapple glaze. Slice all your fruit, and arrange as you like it. I usually look back at my picture, starting from the outside to the inside.

Glaze

1 cup pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple, I find one can is enough)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice

Whisk together on medium to high heat until it becomes thickish. Pour over fruit, starting from the centre to the outsides. Refrigerate to let the glaze set. Serve right from the fridge, don't leave this out especially with the weather we have been having, it will melt!

Enjoy!

K


No comments:

Post a Comment