Thursday, August 22, 2013

Zucchini Tots

So, yet again, while clicking through Pinterest, I came across these gems. I knew I had a zucchini in my fridge that a friend had given me from her garden, as well as all the other simple ingredients in this recipe, so I whipped them up!




Credit is given to the blog, The Curious Country Cook, and the link is here..........http://curiouscountrycook.blogspot.ca/2012/03/zucchini-tots.html. They were extremely simple, very basic ingredients, and were very delicious, especially with a dollop of homemade raspberry jam on top! Jam courtesy of Cindy and O'Neils beautiful wedding!

The recipe only yields 12 mini muffins, so you can easily double the recipe. I would stick with mini though, and not make large muffins of this type. They are a great little snack to pop in your mouth....clearly, as I only have two left!

Zucchini Tots

1 cup grated zucchini
1 egg
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I too used Italian style)
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Grate zucchini and press between paper towel to get moisture out, this way you won't have soggy tots. Combine egg, cheese, onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add squeezed zucchini. Mix. Drop by spoonfuls into a greased mini muffin tin (you can fill to the top and press down a little). Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let them rest, then spoon out onto a dish, they are better once cooled, and again, with a dollop of raspberry jam (this was my favourite part), AMAZING!

Enjoy!

K

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love these. I made them awhile back courtesy of pinterest!

    ReplyDelete