Friday, October 18, 2013

live like a kid....

Sitting in the park, on a sunny, cool, crisp October morning...Thanksgiving Monday to be exact, I watched friendships blossom and pirates and sharks become almost real...I smiled to myself as I watched my kids, play with children they had only met seconds before, however playing, as if they had known each other for ages...as if we had come to the park together. I sat alongside many other parents, almost all of us on our phones, indulged in our own lives...speaking to Instagram, Facebook, and all those other crack sites, no one chatting, even about the weather..until, a woman came up to me, she sat right beside me, like "friend" close, not "stranger" close, "how old is your daughter?" she said to me....her son was one of the pirates. From there stemmed a lovely conversation about kids, schools, food, etc..a comfortable conversation, a conversation I enjoyed having with a stranger. Will I see her again? Maybe not, but at that moment in time, it was nice to feel like a kid, to start a conversation just like that, to enjoy another human beings company that started without a "friend request".

Something I am always working on...something that was misinterpreted all through high school. I am not a bitch, I am shy, I am shy of the unknown, uncomfortable with how situations may arise without knowing the steps to get there...in the past year, I think I have come pretty far. I will try my best to embrace new situations like a child, preferably a child in the age range of 3-6, before "life" gets in the way....

The other morning, while walking Noah to school, I made a comment about forgetting my phone....then replied with "sometimes I wish I didn't have a cell phone, its full of distractions..." Noah's reply was, "mom, thats just how life is......."It is how life is...but it doesn't mean we don't have to pay attention to the life that is around us...



Be that one kind word....for I am grateful for the kind words that are spoken to me....

Happy Friday!

K
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment