Monday, December 12, 2011

"mommy, who is charity?"

So another Charity Kris Kringle has come and gone, always a successful event, always a lot of fun! A chance to see everyone over the holidays, and a chance to donate to those in need. Our open house seemed to be successful, allowing people to come and go over the afternoon and into the evening.

Today was drop off day. I try my best to explain to Noah just what it is we are doing, and what we are collecting for, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself when he said to me, "mommy, who is charity?".....

This year we donated to a selection of charities, and groups within the community. The toys and gifts went to the Burnaby Christmas Bureau. With the cash donations, I purchased new socks for men, women and children for the "Sock It To Poverty" that the Me to We group at my school (Douglas Road Elementary) has put together, as well as Walmart gift cards that went to the Walden Safe House for teens.

Everyone who attended should feel very proud of themselves for being involved in such a great cause! Thank you to all that came, and made our Charity Kris Kringle 2011 a great success!!

K

2 comments:

  1. Kristen- my supervisors were so thrilled with the gift cards- they told me I'm well-networked-- and I told them I just try to surround myself with good people who do good things-- You and your family are amazing and a real inspiration. Thank you again for opening your home- and spreading the spirit of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - the true spirit of Christmas! Way to go Krissy!

    ReplyDelete