Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Gro Clock


I am sick and tired of having little feet in my face, fingers in my hair, and a 4 year old barrier between my husband and I during the night...this son of mine goes to bed no problem, but when we wakes up at night, he comes stumbling into our room and climbs right into bed...we have talked about it, trying to explain that night time is mom and dads time to be together, his bedroom is for him to sleep, ect.....I thought of the idea of getting him a digital clock, letting him know to not come into our room unless his clock read at least the number 7....he knows his numbers so I thought this would be all good. I bought him what I thought was a cool Lightning McQueen one, with a light up display like the box said....well, it only lit up when you pushed down the car, that wasn't going to work!? That weekend a girlfriend told me about something called the Gro Clock. It has a digital clock, along with corresponding colors for night and day, stars and a sun....you set the time that you want the blue star to turn into the yellow sun to let them know when its time to get up! You can set it up for nap time and bedtime! It also works as a great night light! The one downfall is that it retails for $49.99.

The first few nights I was ready to bring it back, it wasn't doing anything. I would find myself angrily asking him as he stood at my bedside, "what color is your clock!!" if he responded with blue, he got no sympathy from me, it was "go back to your own bed, you are not coming in mine!" to which he would respond "I don't like my room", "well sleep on the floor!"......this took a few nights...but we have noticed lately that he is sleeping through the night in his own room, my husband even told me that he heard him get up to pee, and went back into his own room! He is super proud of himself when he can tell me that he woke up to a yellow clock! This morning he came into my room, which felt like it easily could have been 5 am, I asked him what color his clock was, he told me yellow, I looked at the time on my phone, it was 7:17 am, yahoo!!!! Since it wasn't NO TV Tuesday, I told him he could go on the couch and watch some cartoons, he requested that the blinds be open :-) I obliged and then went back to bed for another hour!

I would highly recommend this to other parents. Even if you aren't having sleeping issues, its a really cool clock! I like that is also has the digital clock, that you can or cannot have on display. A relatively easy set up, a brightness scale, and an alarm clock....check it out online. http://www.gro.co.uk/Gro-clock.html

I got mine at TJ Kids, it was $49.99, you can also buy at Jack and Lola, but I believe it is $59.99, if they will do a price adjustment for you, that would be awesome!

Give it a go!

K




1 comment: