Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chicken Curry with Apples and Peas


This recipe was delicious! Chicken Curry with Apples and Peas..in fact I am having left overs for breakfast! Quick and easy, a bit spicy, so I am glad I toned down the curry paste, in fact, you could probably omit the curry paste all together if you want to serve it to your kiddies....here you go!

1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast (I used 2 breasts)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic (I used 3 cloves)
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 tbsp mild curry paste (I used 2 tbsp green curry paste)
1 cup chicken stock
1 can coconut milk
1 large granny smith apple cored peeled and cut in chunks
1 cup frozen peas


Heat oil in pan, saute onion, garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes. Add the curry paste, and cook, stirring until fragrant, add the chicken pieces and stir to coat chicken with spices.

Add the stock and coconut milk, simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken (mine didn't get very thick). Add apple chunks and peas, and cook for another 5 minutes or so.

Serve with basmati rice and naan bread. The best naan is the Presidents Choice brand from Superstore, $2.99 for two large pieces.

Stay tuned for more recipes from the October 2011 issue of Candian Family Magazine..next week I am trying a whole bunch of new things!!

Enjoy your weekend!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment