Thursday, September 22, 2011

Terrific Turkey Meatballs


Here is another recipe from the October 2011 issue of Canadian Family Magazine, Turkey Meatballs. I made my own tomato sauce instead of store bought, so that made it a little longer, but they were still simple to make.....

Turkey Meatballs
by Susie Cover from The Supper Club

6 cups tomato sauce
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup whole milk (I used 2%)
2 lb ground turkey
2 large eggs beaten
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp oregano
2 tsp kosher salt (I don't see why you can't use regular salt?)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

1. In a large pot heat your tomato sauce, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
2. Put the panko crumbs in a large bowl, add the milk and let the crumbs soak it up, add the turkey, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and oregano. Using your hands, or rubber spatula, combine. Do not over mix, this will make the turkey tough.
3. Roll the turkey into 1" balls, and place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Put in the fridge to set, about 10 minutes.
4. In a large non-stick fry pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat, cook the meatballs, turning as necessary, until golden, about 8 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to the pot of tomato sauce and place on low heat, simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

Serve over spaghetti or linguine, with a nice big salad and garlic toast!

Tonight, I am trying the Mac and Cheese Cupcakes...I think they will be a hit!! I know I am looking forward to them!!!

Enjoy the rain!!

K


No comments:

Post a Comment