Thursday, August 2, 2012

Coffee Grind....

I must say that I prefer the grind of a coffee bean....over the Grouse Grind....however my girlfriend kept reassuring me that there was a coffee shop once we reached the top...the top seemed oh so far away. I am really not sure what I was thinking when I said I would go and attempt this hike through the 'panting' forest. I say 'panting' because every single person that passed me were panting so heavily I thought they were going to pass out, however I must have looked like I wanted to die, seeing as I had a lot of guys ask me "are you okay?" maybe I should have asked one of them for a piggy back ride to the top! My whole body was slick with sweat, every crease, every crack...my hands were dewy, my hair, having just dyed it yesterday was heavy with the smell of peroxide....a real sight. I told myself I would take a picture at the top, uh, I changed my mind, that wouldn't have been one of the "good" photos I was speaking of the other day on my Facebook status....

I am not sure why people do this for fun...I just kept looking up, and up, and up...there was a guy in a bright yellow shirt ahead of me, I would watch him soar up the never ending staircase to the sky..never ever able to reach him, I was glad once he disappeared from my vision. Asshole. My girlfriend, who I told to go ahead of me, would wait once she got a bit ahead, rooting me on...

I held my girlfriend back, she had done this before, about a week ago, in under an hour, I took one hour and thirty-four minutes...I can now say that I have done it, will I do it again? Not anytime soon....I told a guy along the trail that I would rather go through child-birth ten times over, at least you get a baby out of that torture! Looks like my tight ass I have always wanted will have to wait a while longer..for now, its the sweat filled tummy folds...

It was tough for me, considering I am really out of shape, however, I did it (not like there was any turning back)...it was an experience, so glad to have done it with my fitness buddy, so far she has convinced me to do Dance Bootcamp, Cardio Kickboxing, and now, the Grouse Grind.....and maybe pillow fighting, one day ;-)

Tonight I am going out for dinner, I am having at least two glasses of prosecco, and a whole pizza to myself...

K


ps....feels good to be back!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did it!! I find the constant hum of panting to be reassuring- it's not easy for anyone! And you did it- and you'll do it again I promise you :)

    You have to also have a beer for me since I'm at work missing out on pizza and lovely ladies-- and also, we're always looking for new pillow fighters!! xo my beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I felt exactly the same way when I did it. Will I do it any time soon, I think not...but maybe I'll join you at the top for a drink! Right on sista!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete