Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hoisin & Ginger Chicken Lettuce Cups

There is nothing like cooking when you have all the right ingredients on hand. This being my first "menu" meal in quite a while, it felt good to flow around the kitchen putting together all the right things and have dinner on the table in an appropriate manner.




I have attached the recipe from the August 2012 issue of Chatelaine. The only step I would omit, would be adding the cornstarch, I didn't feel it was necessary as my sauce was already fairly thick. But you can be the judge as you are making it. I also warmed up some additional hoisin sauce to drizzle on, I am all about the sauce :-) 

My kids wouldn't eat the lettuce, so I steamed up some Jasmine rice, this way they had more of a stir fry. It was a perfect light meal to eat on the patio with a cold beer.

K


No comments:

Post a Comment