Thursday, August 23, 2012

you've got mail!

I have seen similar versions of this on Pinterest, and I thought it would be a great idea seeing as the kids LOVE getting the mail from the mailbox out front. I was thinking of putting them outside their bedrooms, but aesthetically it just wouldn't have done the trick. So, I have created a 'post office' per say, under our calendar/family organization centre in the kitchen! I chose white because I thought it would look better with the label, and to blend into a small space. 

For under $25, I have created a place for my kids to look for 'special' mail. I have told them that there may not be something everyday, but to keep checking incase something has been delivered.....wether it be a new pack of crayons, a chocolate, a letter or note, a new book, a special snack...I know they will be excited to see if the mailman (mommy or daddy) has brought mail for them, whatever that mail may be!



Home Depot sells these great pouch mailboxes for just over $11, they come in white or black. I used a round Avery label to initial the mailboxes, and voila! I tried to use adhesive hooks, but they kept falling, so I just screwed them into the wall, probably better that way, as tiny, and not always so delicate hands will be in them all the time!

K



1 comment: