Sunday, August 19, 2012

getting back into action...

Summer is coming to an end...time to get back into routine, something I am really looking forward to! Having applied for over 6 jobs, not hearing back from any of them, I will be happy to return to my noon hour supervision job come September! I have had a great summer going here and there, but my bank account really missed those good ol' deposits....I start a new adventure of going back to school myself, which I am also really looking forward to. Nervous, anxious and a little stressed, but excited too, all at the same time.

I sat down tonight to think about groceries...I grabbed a few magazines, and for the first time, in a LONG time, I made a menu for the week, along with my grocery list. The week ahead looks delicious, and I am excited to be organized, I am tired of running out for last minute things, or winging dinner with whats in the house.

Every so often I get the urge to write, with a smooth blue ink pen, on soft paper...like the pad of blank newsprint paper Noah got in a "Getting ready for Kindergarten" pack from my sister. Its relaxing how the letters flow together while handwriting across the page, makes me want to make lists and lists, and more lists.....so, I made this list....

Monday- Hoisin Chicken in Lettuce Cups with Jasmine Rice

Tuesday- Grilled Vegetable Fajitas

Wednesday- Pork Souvlaki with Lemon Roasted Potatoes

Thursday- Creamy Herbed Cheese Tagliatelle with Salad and Garlic Toast

Friday- Curried Chicken with Mangoes and Coconut Rice

Saturday- Soy Maple Salmon with Mushroom Barley Risotto

Sunday- Sautéed Rapini and Mushroom Gnocci with Salad

All of these recipes and ideas came from my collection of Chatelaine and Canadian Living magazines...I may post some recipes that I think are worth sharing..

Cheers to getting back into action!!!

K



No comments:

Post a Comment