Wednesday, August 3, 2011

big step

Noah did something huge while we were up in Shuswap at a friends family cabin. The day we arrived, Noah said to me "mom, I am not going on the boat" I didn't ask him too, nor did I even bring it up. It didn't take long for him to change his mind though. The next morning he asked to get his swim stuff and life jacket on, he wanted to go tubing.......

Anabelle was napping at the time so my friend offered to keep an ear out for her, and get her when she woke up. I didn't want to miss what Noah claimed was about to happen, so I jumped on the boat with Alfredo..

When the boat stopped, and the tube was ready to be loaded, Noah did not even hesitate. "My turn, I want to go tubing!" and on he hopped....I was not nervous, I was not scared, I was so happy for him! I could not believe he was about to do this...I was unsure how it would go, but he was doing it non the less. With a smile on his face he accepted the directions from the driver, thumbs up to go faster, thumbs down to go slower.....and we were off....not once during the ride did he take his hands off the handles to give directions, he relied on his buddy (I think he knew if he let go he would have flown off!). I sat watching him all those feet away, at the end of a rope, bouncing on the water on an inflatable device, being pulled by a speed boat. My little Noah...thank goodness for my sunglasses and the wind blowing my hair in my eyes to disguise my tears, I was overcome with emotion, I was so proud of him, WE were proud of him, Alfredo and I could not believe it!

After this first time, he went a few more over the next few days we were there. He had so much fun, Fredo promised him anything he wanted when we got home for being so brave, lol. He chose a plastic mini golf set...

K

No comments:

Post a Comment