Saturday, August 6, 2011

g.r.e.e.n.s......

I have felt an intense need for greens....I picked up Kale and Swiss Chard....this is what I tried..

Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp seasoning salt

Snip off the leaves from the stalk, and break into bite size pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly (best with a salad spinner) In a bowl toss with olive oil and seasoning salt. Arrange a single layer on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until the edges are golden but aren't burnt.

I just googled this recipe. I will be honest, I was not a big fan?? I don't know if I did something wrong, or maybe I just didn't like the taste. Glad I tried them though.

Second......

Sauteed Swiss Chard

This was delicious!! Wash and chop one bunch of swiss chard. In a saucepan put 2 tbsp of olive oil and 3 chopped garlic cloves. Heat the oil and garlic, add the swiss chard, cook until wilted. I put this on top of my pizza that night, it was so yummy! And then the next day I added some things to the cold swiss chard, and had a nice hearty salad...


I added a can of corn, and a can of black beans...it already had the olive oil and garlic from the swiss chard, so no need to add anything else! It was super quick and really delicious!

K



1 comment:

  1. Hmmm..."an intense need"? I think you know what I'm insinuating... Kale chips sound gross. Sauteed Swiss chard sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete