Friday, August 5, 2011

my top 5 diaper bag essentials

I don't know what prompted me to do this post. I think I was watching Anabelle digging in my diaper bag, and thinking about the goodies that consumed the pockets....four out of these five things I had in my diaper bag for Noah as well....so I figured, they have done me good, I might as well share!

#1 Bum Bum Balm by Dimpleskins

This diaper rash balm is awesome!! It seemed to clear up diaper rash just like that! It smells lovely, is a clear balm so you don't get white stuff all over everything while trying to hold legs, grab wipes and a diaper....made locally! 100% cruelty free, and like they say "Never a chemical. Never a worry" They have a little store in New West that carried their whole line of products, as well as some other little baby trinkets (also sold at retailers, check website for locations)! I also loved their unscented Avocado Soap!! I used it the most with Noah, even in the hospital. Their 'Cradle Me' for baby cradle cap, 'Sniffles Eucalyptus Rub' 'BooBoo Goo' and also 'Sweet Cheeks' for chapped cheeks from teething ect. What the heck, the WHOLE line is amazing! I started with a little kit that had sample sizes of everything, so I got to try before I bought large sizes of them all. The kit is $23.95 and the single tins are $12 each. Find them online www.dimpleskinsnaturals.com
Totally worth a drive to the store 451 E. Columbia Street, New Westminster
Tues-Sat 11-5 604-395-MAMA

#2. Travel Sleep Sheep

Oh the sleep sheep...I have both the travel size and crib size! I randomly put this on my registry after a girlfriend was talking to me about while noise and positive sleep associations...I used this consistently in the stroller, playpen, and at home in her crib. For naps and bedtime, Anabelle still uses it, loves the sound of the water. It has 4 soothing nature sounds, a timer, and requires batteries, so maybe a 6th and 7th essential for your diaper bag should be extra batteries and a little screwdriver to change them!! The velcro strap makes it easy to attach to the car seat handle or stroller, and the sound machine is removable so you can easily wash the sheep, or like I did, just bring the soundbox and tuck it behind the car seat padding to avoid extra bulk :-) Another positive was that it has a volume setting, so whenever we were out, I would turn it up all the way to drown out some of the noise.
This is the one I never had for Noah....I WISH I would have!!
Check out the whole line of products www.sleepsheepandfriends.com


#3 Re-usable travel wipe case

I do not use Huggies diapers or Huggies wipes. I have always preferred Pampers products, a personal preference I guess. However, the Huggies travel wipe case I really like! I picked one up one day when I needed extra wipes, then just kept refilling it. It lasted well into Anabelle. Then I did need to get a replacement. You can find nicer ones, but this one suited me just fine. And, it fits nicely into essential #4...see below (my favorite wipes are the Kirkland brand from Costco)

#4 JJ Cole Diapers and Wipes Pod

I had one of these for Noah, and got a girly one when Anabelle came along. Its a sleek wipeable case that comes with a wipeable change pad, will fit a travel wipe case and a few diapers. I liked this because it fits in my diaper bag, and then when Fredo would take Noah or Anabelle out, he would just take this little case instead of the whole bag. He was never gone for long, so all he needed was a diaper change, and it was conveniently packed in this little durable bundle! They carry the line at Babies R Us, as well as a whole slew of other locations....check the website for locations near you! They have come out with some pretty nice new patterns!


#5 Sassy Diaper Sacks

I loved having these tucked inside one of my pockets for when I was out at a friends place, and had to change and extremely stinky diaper! I would either tie it in a sack and leave in my diaper bag to dispose at home, or put it in their garbage, usually the kitchen one, as thats the one that gets taken out the most. I knew that with the fresh powder scent, it would disguise the mess inside the bag! You can buy them all over, I get mine at TJ Kids, $2.99 for 50 Baby Powder scented disposable sacks...I think they are a bit more at Babies R Us

And this, is the bag that holds all the goods!! Skip Hop's Studio Diaper Tote in Pewter Dot!
I loved that this bag looked like a purse, but was a functional diaper bag! I was hesitant about the stroller clips that replaced the long strap ability to slide over the stroller handle, but they are awesome! They easily clip to my single and double stroller. I got mine at Baby's World but again, they have them everywhere!!


K

No comments:

Post a Comment