Wednesday, April 27, 2011

APPLE PIE

I have been staring at this huge vase of apples.....granny smith's are not the kind I like to grab and take a bite out of. I am more of a gala apple fan.....my mom suggested I make a crisp or an apple pie. I knew I had some pastry in the freezer, so yesterday, I made a pie!!

Pilsbury Pie Crusts are the yummiest of pre-made pastry! They often go on sale at Safeway, 2 packages for $6.00 which gives you 4 crusts. I have used them to make chicken pot pie as well, delicious!!

I just used the recipe that was on the back of the pie crust box. Simple, and seriously yummy!!

Perfect Apple Pie

1 package Pilsbury Pie Crusts
6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp lemon juice

Heat oven to 400, place crust in the bottom of your pan, fill with apples, top with second crust, pinch around the edges. Take a sharp knife and make slits on the top. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy a slice with some vanilla ice cream, vanilla yogurt or a piece of cheddar cheese!




No comments:

Post a Comment