Saturday, April 23, 2011

PIZZELLE

As a bridal shower gift, I received a Pizzelle waffle maker. A special little waffle iron that makes yummy crispy cookies! I know they sell them at Bosa Foods...

My mother in law always makes them, and so tonight, I decided to take a stab at them again, with my mom.....I have a recipe from my mother in law, but its for such a large quantity of cookies....I wanted to just try a batch, so instead of dissecting the recipe, I googled 'pizzelle recipe' this is what I got......

PIZZELLE

3 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tbsp vanilla (or anise)
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder

Whisk eggs and sugar until creamy. Add melted butter and vanilla. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Combine with the wet ingredients. Mix until you have a creamy batter. Drop batter by teaspoon onto the hot greased iron. The cooking time was tricky, took us a few cookies to get it right....it seemed like 60 seconds for a nicely colored waffle.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

I know that the waffle iron's usually come with a recipe book...I have misplaced mine! A great addition to have in your cupboard, even if you only use it once in a blue moon!! Next time I mak them, I want to attempt waffle ice cream bowls!!

K



1 comment: