Tuesday, April 5, 2011

puddle jumping

Do you ever feel like you have an enormous elephant sitting on your shoulders? Maybe its sadness, maybe its nerves.....yesterday I had that enormous elephant sitting on my shoulders. For numerous reasons, some probably really silly, I was feeling sad. Unfortunately the day doesn't come to a stand still because you are feeling a little sad...I had errands to run, thank goodness without the kids! It was pouring rain...I had completed my grocery shopping, and had to make a stop at Costco. With the rain still slopping down, I got out of the car. Ahead of me were puddles, upon puddles, upon puddles.....I got a sudden urge to jump in one....without hesitation, I took a running jump, and SPLASH!! Thank goodness I had my rain boots on!! Like a curious 4 year old, I wanted to do it again, so I did....SPLASH.....I laughed out loud. This was the best relief for my enormous elephant. It lightened the mood for the rest of the day. No wonder our kids always want to jump in the puddles :-)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment