Friday, April 15, 2011

cozy food

Yesterday I went to work at University Highlands Elementary School...while out on the playground at lunch hour, it started to SNOW! It is the middle of April for peats sake! When my shift was over, I needed to quickly get something to make for dinner (my menu's have been on hiatus for the last few weeks due to all the functions!) and Nester's Market was across the way. I had a craving for roast chicken. Chicken breasts with the bone in and skin still on....makes for a juicier meal!! I wanted some vegetables, so I opted for root veggies, seeing as it seemed like a wintery day!! I grabbed some yams, sweet potatoes and carrots and an onion for flavor!

I threw it all in a baking dish, cut up all the vegetables of course, drizzled with some olive oil, and greek seasoning, and plunked it in the oven!


Oh dinner was tasty! And to top it off, I had a nice piece of white bread slathered in butter, and a glass of milk!!

Cozy goodness, I love it how food can do that....the scale is proof of that!

K


No comments:

Post a Comment