Monday, June 20, 2011

all thoughts no action


Why is it I find myself daydreaming about all of these things I would love to do...belly dancing, kayaking, learning to speak Spanish/Italian, playing soccer, or baseball...always when I am in the car, driving to wherever, work, groceries, soccer practice, hockey practice, the mall....I get so excited thinking about "what if?" "what if I wasn't so CHICKEN" I know that there shouldn't be any "what Ifs" in life..and I am probably the first one to tell someone else to just go for it..but I seriously am chicken!! I would love to take that Zumba class, or learn how to belly dance (but what if there is a performance at the end!?) I fantasize about having my friends and family see me rock the stage, and have my kids and husband do proud of me in the audience, but by nature I would rather be the one in the back helping with the costumes or something.....I watched the movie Burlesque the other night, it gave me goosebumps watching them dance. They were incredible! It looked like so much fun! They were so confident and sexy, and that voice that Christina Aguilera has, MY WORD, its amazing!!

I always shy away from partaking in the fun things, for someone may just be watching me, and waiting for me to mess up and tell me about it! I don't have the 'who cares' attitude, and I get offended way too easily...although, the other night, I did bust out, and joined the Electric Slide, and messed up along the way, but laughed, and kept going....it must have been those vodka soda's!!

I was honored with some award in grade 12...my mom even came to the assembly where we would all be recognized...I told her I was not going up on stage. I heard them call my name. I sat there, my heart pounding, I watched as the students just filed across the stage and shook hands with the faculty head and the principal, there was no individual attention. I could do that....I could....I was extremely proud of myself when I got up, and accepted my award...

I am sure some of you also were witness to how fast I 'walked' down the aisle at my own wedding.....my mom told me she could feel my heart beating in the forearm...my dad told me to slow down....I couldn't, wish I would have, there would have been nicer photos...

My dad helped me make the most amazing drum in elementary school. Little did I know, I would have to play it in front of the school....

There is a belly dancing class, put on by the City of Burnaby, registration starts now....the classes start in the fall...I have not registered, I am still chicken...what is it going to take for me to snap out of it!?

Thank goodness I like cooking..but even cooking makes me edgy, especially for my in-laws....

K Chicken

2 comments:

  1. Just do it and don't think about it...make up for when you took those dance classes at Art's Umbrella and hid under the table..ha ha ha. The hardest part is signing up, just do it, have fun, and laugh your ass off!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it must be hard, but remember, nobody is judging you! Especially not in Zumba class where you'd probably have more moves than the majority in there! Sign up, take that belly dancing class and rock your booty (is that how you spell it??).
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete