Monday, June 27, 2011

starlight starbright.....


There is something about the romantic glow of a candle in the evening....I often have them burning in my house, in many of the beautiful tealite holders I have collected over the years. I always tell myself I have too many, but then get sucked in when I see another one I like....

I will never forget (man I feel like I say that a lot!) the glow in the Rocky Mountaineer Train Station when we walked into our wedding reception over 4 years ago....it was magical! I, along with my sisters and girlfriends decoupaged over 100 mason jars with tissue paper and doilies, to house flickering candles during our reception. Since our wedding was in December, when we stepped off the trolley at around 5pm, the sky was dark...setting an amazing scene for all of those jars that we worked so hard on!

So yet again, while at The Cross Decor & Design www.thecrossdesign.com I found, yes you guessed it, another tealite holder I had to have....


Here they are, creating an amazing masterpiece of light on my dining table as I sit and write this post! At $14.50 a piece, I had to buy two...this is the smallest size, and they only get bigger and better from here! I was very impressed with the number of trinkets I found in this store yesterday, although only leaving with these, I have a feeling I will be back soon to purchase some other goodies (I am in need of another Saijo Persimmon Voluspa Candle).

Just one of those things that makes my house feel like my home.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment