Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CRAB CAKES!


I have never made crab cakes....but upon searching for dinner ideas for the current weeks menu, I came across this recipe on the SaveOn Foods website! They were absolutely delicious, and along with them, I made some homemade tartar sauce to dip!!

Yummy Crab Cakes

1 lb crabmeat, cleaned and flaked (I bought the canned one)
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I used 3 green onions)
1 large beaten egg
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp tabasco
3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used cracker crumbs)
Vegetable oil

Mix crab, pepper, onion, egg, dry mustard, tabasco and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Shape into patties, coat with remaining bread crumbs (I put the crumbs in a shallow bowl and just put the patty right in, making sure they were coated). Heat oil in pan, oil should be about 1/2" thick. Fry the patties until golden brown. I think mine were about 2 minutes per side. Place the cooked patties on a plate covered with paper towel. Serve warm.

Tartar Sauce

Two big heaping spoon fulls of mayonnaise
2 tbsp of green relish
1 finely chopped green onion
salt and pepper

I served them with corn and a nice green salad, with apples and feta cheese :-)

K





No comments:

Post a Comment