Thursday, June 2, 2011

I had a craving!

While grocery shopping, I had an intense craving for pesto (I am not pregnant)! Strange, because a few years ago, I got violently ill after eating something pesto, but it was from a package, and I don't know if it was just coincidence!? I grabbed a bunch of basil, and threw it in my cart!

Yesterday, before going to work, I quickly boiled some tortellini, and zapped up my basil with some olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper in my mini food processor. I tossed it with the pasta, and I was out the door. Anabelle loved it, Noah even ate it, and Fredo said it was delicious. I ate the leftovers when I got home. It was fresh tasting and yummy!!


Fast Pesto

2 cups of fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Throw it all in a food processor, blend until smooth, toss with freshly boiled pasta!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment