Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Big K


No I am not talking about myself, I am talking about Kindergarten........I nearly died when I realized that registration starts on the 1st of February.....my heart sunk while I read about Kindergarten details on the School District website....I am having severe Kindergarten anxieties....I am confident Noah will have a great time, do well with the all day class, and no doubt make some friends. I don't feel sad that he will be away for the day, I actually think it will be healthy for me, a way to possibly regain some patience...I am finding it hard to believe that now he will be part of the public school system, the counting of the grades will start, and I know that before I know it, I will be at his high school graduation....I can't help but feel a bit sick when thinking about the types of friendships he will make, and not make, will he be nice, will kids be nice to him.....kids can be mean...I really hope its not my kid. My sisters and I had a terrible time with being bullied, and I really hope Noah doesn't have to go through what we did, and I hope to god he doesn't inflict pain like that on another person. I hope he falls into the right crowd......remembers his manners, to be polite and courteous to those who are older than him, treats girls with respect....my mind goes crazy thinking of things I hope I have taught him, I hold my breath hoping that he really is listening when I drill him on "what would you do" scenarios and asking him is that a "bad decision" or a "good decision" the thing is, its a shit show when they walk through those school doors....school can be the most amazing experience, or the most painful. You could not pay me enough money to go back to high school....

I hope he will walk in the hallways, eat his lunch and be thankful for a full lunch box, be nice to the monitors and supervisors (like myself).....be respectful and safe. Be curious and kind. Acknowledge others feelings as well as his own. I hope he skips to his own beat, and doesn't follow a crowd. I hope he makes the right choices, the majority of the time, I know he will make bad choices, we all do.....

I hope he is allowed to be a kid.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment