Tuesday, January 31, 2012

pulling the plug


Last night, while reading my book, 10 Mindful Minutes by Goldie Hawn, I decided to make a mindful decision and cancel my Facebook account...lately I have felt completely consumed, my own fault, yes, but I obviously have no control over myself when it comes to checking posts, looking at pictures, and updating my status. It has become a part of my morning routine...I get up, make my coffee, make breakfast for the kids, sit down and log in to Facebook...its terrible, along with the numerous times throughout the day I sign in to see what's new, and what's happening. I love the information that I get off of it, its a powerful source, but I just feel consumed....for me, its embarrassing to see how much it has become such a part of my life. I need to take the time I spend online interacting with my kids...I want them to know how important it is to communicate, something I still am learning about....

"Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you're mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience."

Today will be the last day of my active account, it has been a pleasure being a part of all your virtual lives. This doesn't mean I can't be reached. Give me a call, 604-209-7776, send me an email, kristenvalente@shaw.ca or lovelylittles@shaw.ca.....I will continue to do my blog, so check me out :-)

I am pulling the plug, its been a slice.

xoxo

K







1 comment:

  1. Hey I guess you are one with your future brother in law !
    michaels stance on Facebook for years
    I just love the way it connects family and friends for daily stuff !
    we all need to be in Search of the Balance !

    ReplyDelete