Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pulled Chicken Tacos


This has to have been the easiest recipe ever! The hard part was all the goodies to put on them! I must say that I prefer a soft taco over a hard one, they seem more authentic, does that make sense? And I do prefer flour tortillas over corn ones....the corn ones seem too dry...but that is just my preference.

This is another slow cooker recipe, and takes about 6 hours, the recipe calls for 6 pieces of chicken, I used 3, and cooked it for 4 hours, but if you use all 6 breasts, cook for the full 6 hours.

Pulled Chicken Tacos

6 chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 jar of salsa (16 oz)

Put chicken in slow cooker, add taco seasoning and salsa, toss together, cook for 6 hours. When the time is up, use a fork and pull all the chicken apart. I used 3 chicken breasts, but still the same amount of seasoning and salsa, it was just a bit juicier, 6 breasts is a lot of chicken! I would make sure you had company for dinner!

I used the small flour tortillas, but you can use the yellow or white corn ones. I also topped them with fresh guacamole, sour cream, cheese tomatoes and a bit of tangy coleslaw.

Tangy Coleslaw

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2-3 chopped green onions
1 green cabbage thinly sliced and chopped
(cut the recipe in half if only using half the cabbage)
Whisk all the ingredients together, and add to cabbage and green onions

This is definitely staying in my recipe book! They were delicious! And they were even better paired with a cold beer!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment