Thursday, February 17, 2011

absolutely fabulous!

This was by far my favorite dinner on the menu two weeks ago....a basic risotto with parmesan oyster mushrooms on arugula...absolutely fabulous! I wish I had a recipe for the risotto, I started with a few tablespoons of olive oil in the pan, then added minced onion, cooked until translucent, then added two cups of aborio rice, stirred until it was coated with oil and onion, then started to add my broth, a cup at a time, and about 1/2 cup of white wine....(I used a large tetra pack of chicken broth)....I think the best part, was at the end, when the risotto was all creamy, I added the juice from my mushrooms I had in the oven! I did what I usually do with my mushrooms. Drizzled them with olive oil, salt and pepper, dots of butter, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, but this time I added about a 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and put in a 350 oven for about 1/2 hour....stirring them throughout. I made a salad of mixed spring greens and lots of arugula, I LOVE the peppery taste!! Here is my usual dressing...

3 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
shake of salt
crack of pepper
tsp of sugar or honey
(and sometimes a tsp of dijon mustard)

I tossed this on with greens, then took the mushrooms out of the juice in the pan and added them to the top of the salad....this is when I poured the juice from the mushrooms into the risotto, gave it a good stir, and another few shakes of parmesan cheese, and dug in!

It was seriously so yummy! If you aren't feeling confident to wing the risotto, just google a basic risotto recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment