Tuesday, February 8, 2011

l.o.v.e

This is Noah's first year participating in Valentines Day with peers. His next day at school is his Valentines Day party!! I headed out today to get some supplies for us to make cards for his friends...




I remember making Valentine bags for our classroom parties...and hoping to get a Valentine from that special someone...hoping it said something mushy...I remember getting ready for the high school Valentines dance....and dancing to the song "Always" by Bon Jovi...I clearly remember my red velour baby doll dress from the GAP, I wore that in grade 8, to my very first high school dance (and some random guy telling me that Alfredo Valente wanted to dance with me, to which we probably danced to Always by Bon Jovi)...I remember receiving a white and red teddy bear, and a Valentines balloon from who would be my future husband...I remember my trip to Edmonton to visit Alfredo over Valentines Day...I remember the best Valentines Day ever, eating a fantastic dinner right in front of the Beluga tank at the Aquarium (I planned that year, I might add!), two years in a row, eating Valentines dinner at the White Spot Drive In....this is when kids came into the picture.........nothing like eating a Legendary burger, and breastfeeding your 2.5 month old son...

I only hope that Noah will have memorable Valentines Day's, and one day, along with Anabelle, have someone that they will love sitting at the White Spot Drive In with!

I told Noah one day, that when he gets a girlfriend that he has to treat her special, and be very romantic and loving, his reply to me was...."I don't need a girlfriend!" I am afraid that answer will change....

Happy Valentines Day!!

xoxo

K

1 comment: