Wednesday, February 9, 2011

makes me feel better....

I can't tell you how often I say this to myself..."this too shall pass..." The event that got this saying started was during the H1N1 hype, I was lying in bed pregnant with Anabelle, watching the news about the vaccine, hearing them tell me to "get vaccinated" especially if you are pregnant! I was very uneasy about this vaccine, and really waved back and forth, deciding if this was something I was going to do or not.....my sister was pregnant at the same time...we exchanged information often, pro's and con's, and we both decided to go against what every news station was telling us...our hearts were pulling us in the opposite direction....I cried often, wondering if this was the right decision for me and my baby, I will admit I was terrified to get sick...sometimes I just wanted to crawl into my closet and not come out until Anabelle was born. Slowly, the news subsided, the pressure lifted, things become calmer, and the whole H1N1 "pandemic" disappeared...I do not judge those who received the vaccine, nor look down upon them, this was just simply a choice I had made for myself, but was sure glad my sister was along with me...through out, what seemed to be unbearable pressure, I recited in my head, "this too shall pass..." and it did....

Again, during my labour with Anabelle, when I thought I could no longer continue, besides my mom telling me "you can do it, you are doing great!" I said to myself, "this too shall pass...." I can't tell you how many times I said it! But the pain did pass, and it left me with a beautiful healthy baby girl!

Even in everyday life activities, when I get really sad about going back to work, or when the kids are sick, or when I am just feeling down, I know that it will pass, and I know those feelings will probably come back again, but they definitely pass...that I know for sure...even when things feel unbearable, I know, "this too shall pass..." The other day, when things were feeling a bit rough, I grabbed my chalk, and instead of writing my menu for the night, I wrote something that makes me feel better :-)

K

2 comments:

  1. Tear, tear, tear.....Thank you for passing on this Mantra to me. I say it to myself often, and think of my dear little sister when I do. I love you.....thank you sis. xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post. I will now put that phrase to use in my own life:)
    Thank you my dear xoxo

    ReplyDelete