Saturday, February 12, 2011

my morning friends.....

I have two favorite friends I like to play with in the morning....one is my Bialetti stovetop espresso maker and the other is my Fresco Frother...in my opinion these two make THE best latte ever! I can make it nice and strong, just the way I like it!

The espresso makers you can buy at Bosa Foods, they have them in all sizes, I typically use the 6 cup one, and stainless steel is the best quality...worth it to pay a bit more, but the aluminum ones make just as good coffee....

The frother is from London Drugs, the brand name is Fresco, and I think they are usually like $19.99?? Although they often go on sale! I think the last one I bought for my mother in law was $12.99.



When my espresso is almost done brewing I pour my milk in my mug, usually around 3/4 full, stick in the microwave, or heat it up on the stove if you don't have a microwave, then zap it with the frother when your milk is hot, your result should be creamy milk with a nice frothy top! I pour my espresso down the side of my milk, then squiggle my hand when the foam gets to the top to make a nice design, voila!

Even better when made with Illy Espresso......

:-)

K


No comments:

Post a Comment