Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fresh Canoli....


So, when I was in Toronto a few months ago, for my sisters baby shower (she had a little boy by the way, Everett!), her girlfriend brought these Canoli's...they were tremendous!! Thank goodness I grabbed one off the plate before it went into the living room, because they were gone in 2 seconds! It was, by far, the best canoli I had ever eaten! The shell was crunchy, the filling was creamy....they were LOVELY!!

It was on the top of my list to get some while I was visiting this time....to my surprise, I found out they were from a place called Longo's, a family run market, sort of resembling Whole Foods. Turns out there was one right near the apartment we were staying in! I made a trip one night, for half a dozen canoli.....

The key to these tasting so fresh, and still being so crunchy, is they are filled upon ordering, I watched the lady as she piped in the creamy ricotta cheese, and sprinkled them with sugar...I intended to get them for coffee that evening...somehow, one made it into my mouth as we were making dinner!


I have three left in the fridge....they may just be my breakfast :-)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment