Monday, January 10, 2011

Great find!

I love a nice candle, especially the $40 ones by Voluspa, Saijo Persimmon to be exact, and I like to keep the wax clean. I love it when they burn evenly, and the trick to this is never letting the wick get too long...when that happens, the wick curls, the flame favors one side, and your $40 candle is junk! A pet peeve of mine, is a candle with black smoked out glass.......that means the wick is too long. Take pride in a nice candle, they aren't cheap for heavens sake, and you want to get the most life out of them. So if you really want them to last, take care of trimming the wick, every time you light the candle!

I used to just use scissors, they worked great, but then sometimes I was left fishing out the broken piece that slipped off the blade..I would get totally pissy if the wax was soft and it got stuck...until the other day, when I found something at Winners....



Wick trimming scissors!! And they are pretty! They have engraving on them, an angled handle, and a perfect little shelf for the wick to rest after you trim! Not bad for $4.99! They work like a charm. I would recommend getting yourself a pair :-).

K

No comments:

Post a Comment