Saturday, January 15, 2011

never on a saturday....

Never attempt to go to Whole Foods on a Saturday at Park Royal...especially with a massive headache and two kids.....the sound of the humming fans (really LOUD humming fans) and the bustle of all the people put me in a really bad mood....why did I bother, well, to get something special for dessert tonight of course (and to hit up Old Navy where all the clearance was an additional 40% off)



I have only known Whole Foods to carry these.....the brand is Delifrance, they have the most amazing frozen Pain Au Chocolat!!! I first tried them at my sisters house. I could have eaten all 5 that come in a bag......seriously! Like she says, the best part is how they make your house smell like you have been slaving all day, my favorite part, is how they melt in your mouth, they are delicious!!!

At $7.99 for a bag of 5, they are a special treat, but do try them one day, they really are fabulous! We have always cut them in half, why, I don't know, you end up eating a whole one anyways!! Makes us feel better I guess???

K

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to send you a recipe for your own Pain au chocolat (easy - all you need is a food processor to make your puff pastry) and you can put whatever chocolate you want (I use lindt 70% bars, but maybe other people prefer milk). That way, you don't have to go to Whole Foods if you have a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Kristen, these are amazing. I used to buy these all the time but stopped cuz I'd just eat them all in one sitting and leave only one for my husband!

    ReplyDelete