Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Salmon in January..


Salmon steaks with rice and veg was on the menu last night..however it was too cold for me to pull out the bbq, so, for the first time, I baked my salmon steaks in the oven...I had no idea what I was doing, didn't follow a recipe, or even know what temperature to have the oven at, so I took a guess, and chose what usually is the norm..350, and I guessed, 1/2 an hour..I whipped up some tartar sauce, put on the rice, and steamed some green beans. This is what I did to the salmon steaks......

I lined a cookie sheet with tinfoil, placed the salmon steaks down the middle, drizzled them with olive oil (maybe a tbsp?) some salt and pepper...flipped them over and did the same on the other side so they didn't stick to the tinfoil....once both sides were slippery, I added some sprigs of dill, slices of lemon and a shake of soya sauce. I covered the salmon with another sheet of tinfoil, and kind of folded the foil around them like a pocket. Baked them at 350 for 30 mins (that time seemed perfect for my oven), at around 20 mins, I flipped the pocket of fish over to the other side for the remaining 10 mins.

Here is what you need.....

salmon steaks
olive oil
dill
fresh lemons
salt/pepper
soya sauce

If you want to make the tartar sauce....

1/3 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup green relish
2 chopped green onions
salt/pepper

Voila! We gobbled it all up, no leftovers! YAY!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment