Sunday, January 2, 2011

When I was a kid...

It was a gorgeous Sunday, the sun was shining, weather was crisp, my family and I headed down to Granville Island. When we were little, my mom and dad would take us girls to Granville Island on family Sundays. Often to have breakfast as Isadora's (which is now Cat's Socialhouse) and to play on this same boat that I watched my son play on today........

Those days seem like yesterday...such a trip that I am now 29, married, and have two children of my own! My own family to bring to Granville Island, to create family days.

I stood back and took this picture of Noah waving on the boat, he was waving at his daddy...I smiled to myself just looking at his face...how good was life when we were this age, carefree, not a worry in the world. No bills to pay, meals to make, or houses to clean (maybe our bedroom!). Just pure happiness, simple happiness. Nothing these days seems simple...

My sister posted a quote on her Facebook profile the other day, it rang so true....it went like this......"Enjoy the little things. For one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." So today, watching my son play on the same wooden boat that my tiny little hands grasped so long ago, and letting him run through the sand despite his shoes getting filled, and watching him squeal with excitement just seeing the ducks on the water....were my little things...for today anyway.

"Enjoy the little things.
For one day you may look back
and realize they were the big things"

K



No comments:

Post a Comment