Wednesday, March 9, 2011

apple sauce and sunshine


The other day, at around 4pm......the sun was still shining..I needed a breath of fresh air, so me and the kids went to sit on the front steps to share an applesauce, and soak in some of that sunshine!

Noah insisted on feeding Anabelle, she let him, it was the cutest thing. These two little munchkins are my kids, they belong to me....every bit of them. The screaming fits, the crying, the attitude, the stinky diapers, and all the mess that comes with them, I still would not trade them for ANYTHING in the world! It is a simple moment like this that makes my heart ache with love for them even more.

To watch them interact with each other makes my heart melt...when Noah gets in trouble and is sent to his room, she sits outside his door, and waits for him to come out, she sometimes gives his door a little tap, and giggles to let him know she is waiting. Even if he is in his room for being mean to her...she is always wanting to be close to him.

While doing the dishes the other day, and trying to get things wrapped up around the house, like sorting all the laundry and getting things together for dinner, Noah came into the kitchen and said "no one will play soccer with me..., mommy will you play soccer with me??" I started to say, "Noah, I am busy......" but stopped myself, dried off my hands, and kicked the ball in the kitchen with him. Even if it was only for 5 minutes, the dishes and house chores can wait. I never want my kids to think I don't have time for them...

The sunshine felt so good, warm on our faces. I ignored the saucy mess, and let them enjoy their time together...as I realized by Noah's preschool picture, time does not wait.....it keeps ticking, and it sure ticks awfully fast!!

K




1 comment:

  1. I loved this... especially the part about her waiting outside his door!
    Fi x

    ReplyDelete