Friday, March 25, 2011

a sunny day at Le Marche..




Today, we visited Le Marche St. George for a coffee with my sisters and nephews...the sun was shining, it was a gorgeous day...I highly recommend you get there early for a chance to snatch a pastry! The treat cupboard was bare when we strolled in around 3pm....

I wanted to buy everything on the grocery shelves...the packaging was all so beautiful! The bicycle pasta was a hit with Noah, and the linens, and pottery by owner Janaki Larsen were special additions displayed ever so neatly on the table surrounded by fallen magnolia leaves.

One of my favorite things was the raw sugar that filled a tarnished silver gravy boat, and a mason jar full of a variety of little silver coffee spoons....I loved the 'mismatched' feel of this coffee/grocery shop, it made it feel so comfy...

A place that felt like an extension of my own living room...warm and friendly staff, great music, tucked away in a great neighborhood just off of Main and King Edward.

Hope you make it down one day :-)

Le Marche St. George
4393 Saint George Street
Vancouver, BC
604-565-5107

K


No comments:

Post a Comment