Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken with Baby Bok Choy


I bought a bag of baby bok choy the other day at the market....I didn't have an idea for it (it wasn't anywhere in my menu for the week), it just looked yummy, and hearty...last night I cut up my chicken, and left it overnight to marinate in some garlic, oyster sauce and a drizzle of vegetable oil...I figured, I would use my bok choy with my chicken....I used about 6 pieces of bok choy, cut the bottoms off so that the leaves all separated, rinsed them well, and set them aside while I cooked my chicken. I added another tsp of vegetable oil to my pan, and cooked my chicken well...threw in the bok choy, let it wilt with the heat, then added another tbsp or two of oyster sauce. Cooked the bok choy until soft, and served it over rice.

Very simple, very quick, and the chicken was soooooo tasty from marinating it overnight!

K

1 comment: