Thursday, December 2, 2010

Banana Cinnamon Pancakes


Fredo and I were up early this morning, we stayed in bed and watched the news, Noah was still in his own bed, amazing...after the weather, Fredo said to me, "lets get up and make pancakes" I laughed because not too long before that, I was thinking how good a banana pancake would be for breakfast!

Most important thing first, I put on the coffee, a must in the morning, especially when I didn't have one the night before! So while the coffee was brewing, oh how I love that sound and smell, I looked in the cupboard for the Aunt Jemima pancake mix, to my surprise there wasn't any! Not to worry, I grabbed my computer and googled "pancake recipe". I would normally use Ina Garten's Sour Cream Pancakes, but I had no sour cream either! Fredo was very impressed with the "no worries, I will just whip some up from scratch" attitude.

I must say I don't really like to make pancakes, they always burn, or ooze all over, or aren't cooked enough, or are cooked too much....my preference are waffles. My husband, likes pancakes..and strangely enough, I REALLY liked these pancakes too!

The recipe is from www.allrecipes.com it was very simple, and not a huge batch. It gave me 6 hand sized pancakes, you could always double the batch if you needed more??

I sliced up some banana, and sprinkled mine with cinnamon. Along with syrup, it was lovely! My favorite was when I lived at home, my mom would warm the maple syrup!! Kind of like when someone warms your milk to add to your coffee so that it doesn't go cold..a simple pleasure :-) Thanks Mom! (I can't say I have ever done that).

Enjoy!

K



In case this link doesn't work....

1 cup flour
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp oil

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in smaller bowl. Make a well in dry ingredients, pour in wet, mix until smooth, dollop into a pan. Voila!

2 comments:

  1. Ok sis....you seriously amaze me. Can Auntie have a sleep over? xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, weren't we talking about pancakes when you were here and I mentioned how much I loved the banana pancakes in Indonesia! Mmmm, I miss being at home and mom surprising me in the morning with pancakes...and I also love the sound and smell of coffee brewing, always makes me feel so cozy!
    Love you
    ERIN

    ReplyDelete