Thursday, December 30, 2010

I bought a Hyacinth...

I poked around the floral department at Safeway the other night (even though Fredo was waiting in the car and told me to hurry) and I landed upon a sea of Hyacinths...none of them had bloomed, but I could smell Spring like it was right there in front of me!


I chose one randomly and headed to the till with my groceries for Smoked Salmon Farfalle...that nights dinner (yummy). I was excited to bring it home, the smell to me, is heavenly...like watching The Secret Garden during winter time, I get excited to watch life bloom in the upcoming coming months.

My new hyacinth fit nicely in my milk glass vase, nestled beside my paperwhites, planted in the other...yesterday, it started to bloom, it was a perfect day, the sun was even shining in the windows....Spring is coming, it will be here faster than you think! It has already come to my house!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment