Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My new radio...

I scored at West Elm in Toronto. I saw this in a magazine, then saw that it was on sale on their Facebook page, so my sister and I headed over to get me one....well, there weren't any left! We continued to look around, and look around, we must have been in there for 45 minutes...I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was the sales lady that had looked and told me there were no radios left..in her hands, was a box I was very excited to see, a RADIO!! A customer had thought they wanted it, and then changed their mind..so, it was mine! When I went to pay for it, the cashier was quite surprised that I had one...she muttered that she hoped no one pulled it out the "hold" section, which I think might of happened....oh well, transaction approved, and we were out of there!


Crosley Solo Tabletop Receiver

I wondered how I would get it home, but that was to be worried about when I was packing...and I managed, along with a overly stuffed diaper bag, blankets, stroller and Anabelle on my hip, I carried it on the plane. It sat nicely above me in the overhead compartment. Until the bag ripped while trying to get it down in a hurry as people try to scurry you along while exiting the plane! But all was good, I held the handles on an angle so it wouldn't fall out. Note to self, never bring anything onto the plane in a paper bag.......

As you can see, my little vintage looking radio sits on my kitchen counter, and is playing Christmas tunes to me as we speak....it conveniently matches my decor :-)

K



1 comment: