Monday, December 13, 2010

four years



I can remember my wedding day like it was yesterday...especially the extreme feeling of nausea that took over my stomach thinking about everyone watching me walk down the aisle of a church (never thought I would get married in a church). Kind of like the day I was to play my first soccer game, then quit, about an hour before the game because I couldn't stomach everyone having their eyes on me. I remember those doors opening and just giving it, walking so brisk, almost running down what seemed like a never ending aisle...I could feel my heart beating in my moms arm as it linked with mine..but I did it, I got there, and it was okay (until the priest called me Crystal).

10 years had gone by, since Alfredo and I met in high school, when he finally decided to propose. I did not know this, but my ring awaited my finger in a jacket pocket that hung in MY BEDROOM for months! You see, he tagged on a week, every time I would talk about getting engaged......I was eager, it had been a long time. I thought he was joking, he wasn't. I learned after that he got the ring in October, he proposed in Las Vegas just after New Years Eve, making it January 1st 2006, pretty much three months after. I smile when I say, it was right after I said to him "I guess we aren't getting engaged this year...." HA!

We knew we wanted a winter wedding, Fredo hated the thought of sweating in a suit during the summer months..I hate being hot, so I agreed winter would be perfect. We landed on December 9th, 2006, and began to plan.

I can remember clear as day getting off the trolley and walking towards the front door of the Rocky Mountaineer Train Station.....the lights were dim, the candles flickered, I gasped at just how pretty it all looked....I was happy with my choice of a potted amaryllis on each table, and I loved all my lacey decoupaged tealite holders that I slaved over many summer nights...things weren't perfect but it was lovely that I knew everything was made by myself with help from family and friends....that made it the most special. I loved how my dress felt, I loved how the food tasted, how smooth the sambuca ran down my throat (a little too smooth), and how good it felt to kiss my HUSBAND! I was on top of the world, for this is what I had been waiting for for many years!

I don't think I have danced as much as I did that night, ever! I was a little wasted, but that was allowed right? I don't know when my shoes came off, but they did, and exposed were my bandaged toes, one on every single toe to be exact...thank god my dress was long enough for the lace to cover. I never even took a glance at the midnight buffet, and the only time I looked at the clock, it was around 3am.....it was a fabulous party!

Last Thursday was our four year anniversary. We have packed a lot into four years! We sat and enjoyed dinner together, it was nice, but we both agreed being out without the kids just isn't the same....for our kids are us, our life, what we got married for.

I remember how in love I was with Fredo on that drizzling day of December 9th, 2006, and just over four years later, I can honestly say I am still that much in love with him today, even though every day isn't roses and cupcakes, that's life, and we learn to love each other even more along the way...cheers, to many more years!

K

PS...my next blog post will be about how depressed I am after looking at myself in these pictures....






2 comments:

  1. Wow. That made me cry. How wonderful to find a love like that. Cheers to many more years filled with love and happiness!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Krissy... Tear, that warmed my heart. You two do indeed have something very special. And yes it was the most beautiful day. xo

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete