Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Charity Kris Kringle


My husband and I started this a few years ago after many unhappy receivers of unwanted presents at the Secret Santa party....we decided to switch things up a little bit!

This is our 4th year I think?? Alfredo and I host a night, during December, to get everyone together for a great cause. We ask that everyone brings a new unwrapped unisex toy, and non perishable items for the food bank. Every year we donate to a different charity. Last year was Crabtree Corner in the downtown east side, for single mothers and children. It was a great success, lots of toys for the kids to enjoy!

This year, Noah's preschool is hosting a family from the Christmas Bureau, they have two children ages 1 and 4, when the night is done, I will collect a few items to donate to this family in need, the rest will go to The Beat Cares, by 94.5 fm.

It feels good to support someone in need over the holidays. It warms my heart to know we may have made a child or two smile on Christmas :-)

K


Laura, Olivia, Teri, Me and Maria

Some of the goods...

Guest Favors

No comments:

Post a Comment