Monday, November 29, 2010

I gained 5 lbs in one sitting...


While still here in Toronto, my sister took me to a new restaurant called SCHOOL www.sbcto.com for lunch. She was telling me about something my dad had ordered while he was here a while ago, and my mouth salivated as I read it on the menu....Super Cheesy French Toast with Bacon and Wild Greens, I must tell you, this was sinful! (Picture to follow).

It arrived in front of me, smothered in cheddar cheese and crispy strips of bacon on top. I drizzled it with maple syrup and dug in. WOW....you remember my love of sweet and salty, well, this hit the spot!! I normally do not order French Toast, I am an eggs benny, eggs poached medium girl with lots of hollandaise sauce ( I always say hollandaise will be the death of me). But this time, the waitress assured me it was a must try. I had never heard of anything like it!

The mix of buttery salty french toast with gooey cheese and crispy bacon was heaven, all scooped up with maple syrup! She added a few potatoes on the plate at well...I couldn't go for lunch/brunch with no hashbrowns!!!

I felt like I had gained 5 pounds in one sitting, but I would most definitely order it again!! And would recommend it to anyone!!! Probably my favorite thing about Toronto is the food...

Here are some other places I have eaten at during my visit...

Arabesque on College-Most amazingly yummy and cheap falafel!!

Fresh-Yummy rice bowl, with parsley, honey, tahini and tamari (much needed after the french toast)

Island Foods-UNBELIEVABLE stuffed Roti, with potatoes and chicken

I come back in January when my little niece or nephew arrives, and I hope to eat at all these places again!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment