Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BEST QUICKEST RECIPE

If you know me at all, you know that I love sweet and salty things together! My favorite would have to be a Snickers Chocolate Bar with Miss Vickies Salt & Vinegar Chips..one bite of chocolate bar, and one chip, all at the same time!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

I remember being on a date (with my now husband), back in highschool, we went to the McDonalds drive through and he ordered an ice cream, me, small fries. I guess he did not know this little tidbit of information about me, so as I leaned over with a french fry, to dip in his ice cream, he pulled it away and looked at me like I was insane! It was very clear, from then on, that I was not to dip my salty fries in his sweet yummy ice cream......

With this, I will share with you a little recipe...my girlfriends aunt makes them all the time, they are great for the Holidays, super fast, and super easy! They are bite size, so they can be troublesome to any diet (I don't diet), so I never have a problem saying no, clearly!

YOU WILL NEED:

Pretzels (the original loopy kind)

Rolo's (the amount depends on how many pretzels you are doing, you will need one rolo per pretzel)

Pecan Halves (again the amount depends on the pretzels, one per pretzel as well)

Cookie sheet

TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350. Cover a cookie sheet with pretzels, place a rolo on each pretzel, place in the oven for 5 minutes, enough to get the rolo soft. Pull the pretzels out of the oven and squish the rolo's with pecan halves.

Let cool (seeing as its cold out you can even put them outside to cool, the fridge will discolor the chocolate). Once the rolo has hardened they are ready!

Put them in nice little boxes or cellophane bags, with a lovely little tag for family and friends!

Hope you like them as much as I do!

K

1 comment:

  1. My new Christmas treat! Thanks for the recipe sis. xo

    ReplyDelete