Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lovely Lady Lumps...bumps..and stretch marks..


I hate it when people say I look "healthy", fine when you are pregnant, but not okay when you are 7 months past your second child being born! Part is my fault, I admit, I hate the gym, I would rather be home cooking and eating...I do have days when I look at myself and wonder what the hell has happened, and why don't my size 24's fit anymore!? Cleavage wrinkles, REALLY!? But when I take a step back, and look at my kids, I realize my body has carried and delivered two healthy children and it makes me feel okay (until the next time I have to get dressed). It really is okay that I do not fit into my wedding dress (not even a knee) and it is okay that those size 24's don't fit (or the 27's), if it means I am happy, and have a happy family! Yes, my tummy jiggles and my boobs have quadrupled in size, and I wish I looked like some of those girls that post their bikini pictures on Facebook, but the reality, is, that will never be me! I like eggnog lattes, whipping cream, pasta, french fries....I know the things I shouldn't eat, and I know I could eat a whole lot less, but what fun is that!

All us of mommies have to start being a little nicer to ourselves, embrace ourselves, our lovely lady lumps, bumps and stretch marks (yes stretch marks, I have tons of them)! Admire ourselves, for we have grown human beings, and that takes a lot of work! AND, after theses babies have been born, allow yourself to just be a mom, embrace your child, the gym can wait! It has been waiting for me for almost 3 years, and will probably continue to wait a few more!

xo

ps, just buy some Spanks for the holiday season...

4 comments:

  1. What a refreshing blog! I look at my tummy and think "Hey I carried a baby in there 2 weeks past my due date....and you know what? It looks pretty damn good!" I have a healthy boy....and I'm a "healthy" mom.....xo Life is good. xoxoxoxoxo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a year now since my second baby and though I may have a slim frame there is nothing firm about it! Lately I have felt not the greatest about myself but do look at my babies and know that all my bodily imperfections created pure perfection! Really enjoyed reading this one! Love the blogging!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how much I needed that!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete