Monday, November 8, 2010

Planning...


This morning I was writing out my calendar for December....holy shit, there aren't many days for celebrations! Who is in for a weeknight party!? LOL...

My son turns 3 this December, somewhere in the mix of our annual Charity Kris Kringle, Dogwood Tree Farm, Christmas Festivities, Potluck Dinners and the Christmas Train, I have to plan two parties....one childrens party, and one adult/family party....is this why people send out "save the dates" in October?? I thought I was on top of things....

I want to do "Under the Sea" theme for Noah's birthday. I thought of hosting again at our home, because here, I can decorate the way I want, and you know I like things to look a certain way! Jellyfish here, seaweed there, aquarium here....however, I think this is the year I have to succumb to functionality over looks!? I sure did for my husbands 30th birthday, when my living room was transformed to couches against flat against the wall (ahhh!) buffet off center in front of my living room window, and my area rug rolled up and replaced by rolled paper that smelled just like the barf trays at the hospital (major flash backs of my mom holding one under my mouth during my last labour). Just the night before I quickly responded to a blackberry message my husband sent me, he wrote, "should we put a table in the living room tomorrow?" "NO" I barked (that would look ugly!), but it happened, and my brother in law was right, all the "ladies" were sitting at the table chatting, on folding chairs, on the brown rolled paper that covered my floor......functionality over looks, I am sure I can do it at least ONE more time!

Can I decorate a community centre gym just as nicely as my own home? Probably not, but will I be more grateful to have chaos in a public place, rather than my home, yes. He is turning 3 after all.....I think the parties are now about him, and not myself. HA!

Here's to planning!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment