Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If you like mushrooms....


I went to our local produce market the other day and got some things to make more food for Anabelle. While I was there, I spotted the packages of Oyster Mushrooms. I LOVE Oyster Mushrooms! I never knew about these beauties until I met Alfredo, his family made them often. They were so yummy, I had to start making them myself! I grabbed two packs, this would be my dinner one night. Well, that night was last night! Noah loves pasta, so I tossed them with some spaghettini.

If you like mushrooms, this is what to do;

Buy two packs of oyster mushrooms (they are usually $2.50 a pack, at the chinese produce stores, or T&T Market)

Break apart the mushrooms (you will know what I mean when you see them), and put them in a low casserole dish.

Drizzle them with olive oil (1/4 cup), and crush three cloves of garlic on top, spreading evenly over the mushrooms.

Dot with butter, shake some salt and pepper to taste.

In a heated oven, of about 375, bake them until they are soft, and colored, usually around 20 minutes. Stirring them throughout to coat the mushrooms with the garlic and butter.

Meanwhile, cook your pasta, spaghettini is the best (angel hair). I used one small pack.

When pasta is done, toss the mushrooms, with all the buttery goodness to coat your pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (Alfredo loves to sprinkle hot chili flakes on his).

And yes, I did have a glass of wine this time as well :-)

K

ps....do you think dinners like these are what contribute to the cellulite on my ass?

3 comments:

  1. You have to try that Oyster mushroom salad from Terroni! Bake the mushrooms in olive oil and parmesan then put on top of Arugula and top with Balsamic...soooo yummy!
    ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that sounds AMAZING!!!
    Can't wait to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin..sounds delicious....Ilove all those ingredients....love your blog....

    Helen

    ReplyDelete