Monday, November 15, 2010

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"


Every year, on the first weekend of December, our family heads out to Fort Langley to cut down our beloved Christmas tree. We have been going to Dogwood Tree Farm www.dogwoodchristmastreefarm.com for many many years, and every year the group gets larger and larger! My husbands family started to join us, along with numerous friends, and their families!

I am hoping this year there will be a dusting of snow on all the tree tops! The snow makes it extra magical, and when the Christmas carols are playing, and the hot chocolate is warming your hands after the exhausting search for the perfect tree, it just adds a little extra something special to start off the holiday season.

After we all have our trees roped to the tops of our cars, we head into downtown Fort Langley to have some lunch! It used to be Wendels Cafe & Book Store www.wendelsonline.com, but that is just too small now! So for the last two years we have visited Beatniks www.beatniksbistro.com very yummy!

My favorite place to visit after lunch is The Little White House www.littlewhitehousefort.com This store is magical. Set up in an old white house, each room is decorated so lovely! Even the little tea parlor, Salon Cafe is lovely! Check out their website! It is here, at The Little White House that I found my dress one year I wore to our Christmas party the weekend after!

We spend the evening setting up our tree, and listening to carols. It makes for a lovely family tradition, are you in?

Yay for Christmas, its the most wonderful time of the year!!

K


2 comments:

  1. I agree. This is the most magical time, and what makes it even more magical and special this year is sharing it with Ronan and my family. You appreciate the little things in life when you see them through the eyes of your child, and the world becomes a little brighter. xo megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I miss those days of the seemingly endless search for the PERFECT tree with all of you hoping after hours that I had finally found "the one". I wish we could be there to join in the fun and the excitement of it all. I guess it is time to start our own family tradition here in Toronto as this will be one special holiday season. I have my Bing Crosby album ready and also looking forward to the first snow fall!
    xoxoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete